Wherever you go - there you are

I wanted to share with all of you some of the photos I snapped from our recent trip back to Illinois and Minnesota. Some are beautiful, some are odd, and some make you want to go....HUH?

This is a silhouette of a bridge caught in the rising sun on the cold morning we left Minnesota.



Here's another one of the sunrise through the naked trees.



I guess it's true when they say "every man's home is his castle." This is someone's home in Illinois. Don't know if it comes with a dragon or not. Come to think of it, I didn't see a knight in shining armour, either.



We passed these two farms that had quilted patterns painted on their barns.





Speaking of barns, how this one is even standing is a wonder. I guess because the wind can blow right through it. Why doesn't the farmer just knock it down?



I was able to snap a photo of these geese coming in for a landing in a field with the sun low in the sky. Remember - all photos are shot from a moving vehicle!



And of course, this moving vehicle is an airplane. Doesn't this look like a slice of heaven?



How about this one?



In case you're in need of a job, this here's a good place to start. This road is in Minnesota. I bet you'd have good luck with a job here!



I had a good laugh when I saw this barn.




It's too bad we were speeding by AND I didn't have my zoom lens. Otherwise I might have seen these underneath the house.

I didn't see, GO HOME DOROTHY written in the sky, either.

Do you remember those old TV ads for Honda motorcyles? It went something like, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda!" Well, maybe Kawasaki should have something about odd people riding them! Take a look a this person! We came upon him/her at a stoplight. I told Jim to stop the truck a little behind so I could snap a picture with my phone.



Then we pulled up next to the bike and I took another shot. Then the person turned to us, smiled, and waved. Not sure if it was a man or a woman. Whatever it was, it DID stand out with that pink mohawk on it's zebra helmet, lime green bike, and lime green/black outfit!

You have read this article funny barns / heavenly views / quilted barns / wild motorcyle rider with the title Wherever you go - there you are. You can bookmark this page URL http://callusmesdemoiselles.blogspot.com/2010/01/wherever-you-go-there-you-are.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Wherever you go - there you are"

Post a Comment