I'm a Trendsetter





Twenty-seven years ago, my divorce when through with my first husband. We had been married 7 years. He came down with the "Seven Year Itch" and scratched it. Then I told him to "Go Scratch". His loss. We had two small children at the time. A newborn baby girl, and a 2 year old son. But that's not what this post is about. This is about my Coming Out Party. Whoopee! Yes, folks, after getting married so young, (19), I felt I deserved a divorce party.

I only served "Orgasms" for drinks in a punch bowl. That's a mixture of Baily's Irish Cream and Amaretto.

Anyway, back to the whole trendsetter thing. I ordered a penis-shaped cake at the local bakery. It was the size of half a sheet cake. I had them write on it, "A Hard Man Is Good To Find". It was pretty cool looking, if I have to say so myself. Obviously, the lady behind me in line didn't agree with me. She said, "Oh, HOW disgusting!" when the bakery lady held the cake up for my approval. I just laughed, said it was fine, and she boxed it up for me. Now I see that divorce cakes are really in. Who knew that I was leading the pack 27 years ago? Take a look at these divorce cakes:











I wanted to use my wedding pictures as coasters, but my friends talked me out of it. Said that I should save them for my kids, or something like that. Whatever. Oh, and if you were worried about my kids, they were NOT in the house for the party. I think my sister had them overnight.

A good time was had by all and I started dating my current husband about a month later. Or my "Knight in Shining Armour", as I called him. My mom, got bless her and rest her soul, used to say, "Who is going to marry you with two small children?" It made me laugh. She used to pray to St. Jude for me. If any of you are Catholic, you know that St. Jude is the patron saint of hopeless cases.




Yep. That's my mom. I know she had the best of intentions. And, how do I know? Maybe St. Jude sent Jim my way. I actually knew Jim when I was married to the first guy. Jim and I both worked for the government - I was in the office and Jim worked out in the field. I met him once, right after he had gone through a divorce, but I was still married. (Happily, I thought, at the time!) I had my son and left my job; two years later had my daughter, got divorced and went back to work for the government. By this time, Jim had transferred to the regional office where I was working. We met up again, and the rest, as they say, is history.
You have read this article coming out parties / divorce cakes / St. Jude with the title I'm a Trendsetter. You can bookmark this page URL http://callusmesdemoiselles.blogspot.com/2009/11/i-trendsetter.html. Thanks!

No comment for "I'm a Trendsetter"

Post a Comment