Ramblings

I know I promised you photos and such from our recent Variety Show, but I've run into some problems. First I was waiting to get the video of Jim's routine from various people. Once I got the video, (three different ones, actually!) I was going to post it on YouTube. One woman had already tried to post it and she got slapped with "copyright infringement" because of the music that was used in the background! Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman sing, "Time to Say Goodbye" while a group of guys perform on stage. I'm not going to give away what the act is yet. So, I sent an e-mail to Andrea Bocelli yesterday, 'cause we're like best buds, *wink*, asking permission to use his music on this video. Who knows if I get a response. Stay tuned....

*****************************************************************

Our time is winding down here in Mesa. We will leave on Saturday, April 2. Some of our friends have already started the trek back home. It's a rude awakening, especially if the weather is still cold back home!

But it's TIME to go home. We have a wonderful, wonderful time here with our friends. We eat a lot, drink a lot, party A LOT, dance a lot, and laugh. Boy do we laugh.

It is a gluttony of activity.

And we eat it all up.

Both literally and figuratively.


So although we are sad when we leave, it does our body good to do so. We slow down, hang our liver on the clothesline to dry out for awhile, hang up our dancing shoes, put up our tired feet, and just REST. We eat better, we slow down. Why, there are even some days that there is NOTHING on our calendar. Hard to imagine.

But I always feel sad to say goodbye to my friends here. I pray we all return safely in the fall.

**********************************************************************

Speaking of gluttony, that's what it's like with all the grapefruit trees here. All the grapefruit have to be off the trees by the middle of March for the trees to begin to blossom for the next season. It was a good year for grapefruit. Our friends, Ray and Viv, had over 300 grapefruit on their tree! It was a common sight to see a box with the words "FREE" or "HELP" written all over it full of the fruit sitting by the curb in front of many park models. And ironically, half the people here can't EAT this fruit because they are on cholesterol pills!

Once the trees start to bloom, the smell is just intoxicating. The sweet smell permeates the air, and it gets stronger in the evening. Some people think the smell is a bit cloying; me - I love it!

(photo courtesy of flikr)

I just found out that Estee Lauder makes a perfume out of grapefruit blossoms. Plus orange blossoms, lemon leaves, sweet tangerine and lavender flowers, among several other ingredients. It's called Bronze Goddess:

and is available here.

Only problem is, I'm afraid that if I wear it Jim would just be sneezing and blowing his nose the whole time.

And what fun would that be?
You have read this article gluttony / grapefruit blossoms with the title Ramblings. You can bookmark this page URL http://callusmesdemoiselles.blogspot.com/2011/03/ramblings.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Ramblings"

Post a Comment