"OBP" - Observations by Pat

So the other day I'm running an errand and I pass by a car wash called "Wet Willy's". This caused me to grin because a "wet willy" to me is when someone wets their finger and sticks it in someone's ear.




Now why a car wash is named this I have no idea.

Thinking of a Wet Willy led me to think of my old driver's ed teacher, Elmo Hilderbrand, not to be confused with this Elmo:



Old Mr. Hilderbrand used to give out Wet Willies to the student drivers who didn't listen to him. He had fat sausage-like fingers, and I was more afraid of getting his spit filled finger stuck in my ear than I was getting behind the wheel. Luckily I was never a victim of his spit, but I knew kids in my class that had been subjected to it.

When I got home from my errands I decided to look up the exact meaning of "Wet Willy". I was so surprised what I found.

Wikipedia listed a WET WILLY under "school pranks", and described it just like I thought - a wet finger to the ear.

I was surprised to read about some other pranks that I had never heard of like:

1)Hertz Doughnut

This prank fools the victim into giving their permission to get punched. The prankster approaches the chosen target with a closed doughnut or pastry box and asks "Would you like a hertz doughnut?" If the target says yes, the prankster then punches the target in the arm and asks "Hurts, don't it?" (pronounced "doughnut").

2) Kancho

Kancho is a prank often played out in Japan; it is performed by clasping the hands together so the index fingers are pointing out and attempting to insert them sharply into someone's anal region when the victim is not looking. It is similar to the wedgie or a goosing, although goosing acts do not involve direct intimate physical contact. A Kancho is often executed simultaneously as the offending party expresses loudly "Kan-CHO!"

From www.wikipedia.org


Then I found out that there are SO MANY things named Wet Willy.

For instance, there was a band named Wet Willy. They were really popular in the 1970's.



There is a skateboard,



and there's a wooden turkey box call.



I read about a toy from the '80's called Wet Willy water toy that you hook up to a hose and water squirts out of his tube-like hair. I searched high and low for a picture of this toy. You would NOT believe the sites that popped up. I thought I finally found it, but this is what it was......



Not exactly what I was looking for, although it DOES fit the description of a willy squirting water!

I also found out that Wet Willies is a famous bar that is a franchise in the southern states. I found a couple of pictures on the net to show you.





Just look at all those drinks on the wall. Doesn't that look inviting? I was really bummed when I found out that there were restaurants in a couple of the towns that we've been through. Darn it!

Also through my research I found this famous drink served at Wet Willies.

Wet Willie's "Call a Cab" (*Copyright of Wet Willies)

1/4 oz. Midori melon liqueur
1/4 oz. peach schnapps
1/4 coconut rum
1/4 oz. creme de bananes
1/4 oz. Stoli Ohranj vodka
1/4 oz. Southern Comfort peach liqueur
2 1/2 oz. cranberry juice
2 1/2 oz. pineapple juice
2 1/2 oz. Sprite soda
Ice

Mix all ingredients together in a glass or combine in the blender. Add in the juices and Sprite to fill up the glass. Serve!

Saw a link for "Used WILLYS for sale." I have to admit, my curiosity was piqued and my eyebrows were raised. I just HAD to click it. Found out that "WILLYS" are Jeeps.

I also found out how to make an origami "willy" by using Oshibori, or a wet hand towel. Quite interesting, actually. Here's the link. You can make other things, too, like a cow, rabbit, bird, godzilla, etc.

Just because I saw that little car wash sign, look at the plethora of things I learned, and you, TOO, about WET WILLY'S/WILLIES.

************************************************************
Every time I pass this street it just makes me giggle. Wouldn't you laugh, too?



************************************************************

Another weird observation. I was about to take my pills when I noticed that Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday on my pill dispenser spelled WTF.



Now this may not be a newsflash to the rest of y'all, but it was a real eye-opener to me. So then I started studying the whole SMTWTFS string of letters and thought it would make a good acronym for, "Said My Twin, 'What the F**k' Sista!"

*************************************************************

And finally, I give you the moon.



Or at least a PHOTO of the moon.I took this the other night. Like George Bailey said in "It's A Wonderful Life", "What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down."

Because for you, I'd give you the moon. I appreciate all my followers and comments I receive. I feel the love, people!
You have read this article wet willies / wet willy with the title "OBP" - Observations by Pat. You can bookmark this page URL http://callusmesdemoiselles.blogspot.com/2010/08/observations-by-pat.html. Thanks!

No comment for ""OBP" - Observations by Pat"

Post a Comment