Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Sorry I've been MIA this past week - I went home to IL to visit my family. In a nutshell, here's a quick version of my two weeks.

I flew into Chicago O'hare Airport. I didn't get patted down, nor felt up by anyone.

And no one from TSA seemed interested, either.

I didn't have to stand in a see-through room and have my "junk" x-rayed. I guess they didn't want the TSA person to take sick leave after viewing the screen.

I saw a LOT of that white, powdery stuff while I was in town.

I'm talking SNOW.

It snowed ALL day on Christmas Eve at my daughter's house. She got about 5 inches of snow.

It snowed ALL night on Christmas at my sister's house (lake effect snow off of Lake Michigan). She got 8 inches of snow.

I was HAPPY to see all the snow.

Of course, I didn't pick up one shovel. Not a one.

I took a train down to my daughter's house and spent the week. It was great being with my grand daughter, Lily. Oh, and of course, my daughter and son-in-law! *wink*

I got my animal fix.

My daughter has 2 dogs and 3 cats.

My sister has 2 dogs.

My brother has 2 dogs.

I came home pretty hairy. And I'm talking besides my legs.

I borrowed my brother's truck to get a few places; particularly my doctor's appointment.

That was fun. (read that with heavy sarcasm.)

I've slept on 2 different couches, a bed, and a bunk bed (bottom bunk!)

My bed never felt so good.

Apparently when Jim said I snore, he wasn't kidding. Everyone commented on my snoring.

Yeah. Yeah.

So I snore.

Shut up.

But I guess it's pretty bad.

Even my little great niece, Arielle, who is 7 and slept on the top bunk, had something to say. The conversation when like this.

"I could hardly sleep, you snore so LOUD!" Arielle said.

"Well, every time I was awake, you were sleeping," I replied.

"Yeah," she said, "because you were AWAKE!"

She's too smart for her own good.

So I mentioned my sleeping/snoring problem to my doctor. We've talked about sleep apnea before.

I really don't want to go for the test. I'd have to sleep overnight in a lab, hooked up to wires and such so they can monitor my heart rate, oxygen intake, etc. If that's not bad enough, what about the whole, "I-gotta-get-up-and-pee-in-the-middle-of-the-night-scenario?"

I mentioned this to the doctor.

"So, they unhook you. Big deal. Listen, lady, this is what you HAVE to do!"

I know it, but it doesn't mean I'm going to have to LIKE it!

You KNOW this is going to be a post in and of itself!

So, anyway, I had a fun-filled, cold 2 weeks away from AZ. Jim survived and managed to clean up our place just in time for my arrival.

No "felt up" incidents on the way back to Phoenix, either. Geez, what's a woman got to do to get attention?

It is 42 degrees here in AZ today. Is this a joke or what? It actually is warmer in Chicago today.

You heard me. It was 52 there today. And I left. Humph.

I have more to tell you all from my trip. Stay tuned.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

Happy New Year!
You have read this article christmas vacation with the title Planes, Trains and Automobiles. You can bookmark this page URL https://callusmesdemoiselles.blogspot.com/2010/12/planes-trains-and-automobiles.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"

Post a Comment