A day in the life of a farmer - as observed by a city girl

I love the campground where we are currently staying because it is in the country. Our trailer backs up to a farmer's field. We are ten feet away, at most, from his crop. We can literally watch the corn grow. We were amazed in the spring when we were here to watch the little plants grow almost an inch a day! Now we've returned three months later to 10 feet tall corn stalks!

This is the view out the back window of the trailer.


Within a half hour of taking this photo, I heard an engine running. I thought it was a lawnmower. I glanced out the window and saw this.


Something THAT BIG went by and I thought it was a LAWN MOWER? Remember, I'm a city girl! I walked outside to grab some more pictures. I found this jewel left behind.


Oops! It's supposed to look like this:


Some animal is going to have a feast later! Just then I heard a noise and looked up. Farmer John was working his way back to me.

He's getting closer!


There he goes!


Farmer John decides to cut north/south so he comes directly at me with the combine.


He sees me sitting on the nearby picnic table with the camera to my eye and waves to me.

Then he turns his big machinery around and heads east, starting a new row. I think I would be tempted to cut designs in the cornfield, wouldn't you?


I watch Farmer John head back down the row, cutting and stripping the corn all at once.

Pretty soon the field behind us is almost done. The combine is off in the distance, and I can see their farm.


A turkey vulture is enjoying the warm weather and riding air currents above the field.


Farther down from my trailer, I find evidence on a picnic table that an animal has helped himself to the corn. I bet it won't be here long!



 
A long day in the field. Once more over with the plow, and the field with be tucked in for the winter. A few months later, a new season will begin again. And so it goes. The life of a farmer.

You have read this article combines / harvesting corn with the title A day in the life of a farmer - as observed by a city girl. You can bookmark this page URL https://callusmesdemoiselles.blogspot.com/2010/09/a-day-in-life-of-farmer-as-observed-by.html. Thanks!

No comment for "A day in the life of a farmer - as observed by a city girl"

Post a Comment